Short Hospitality Courses
5-day hospitality courses
Are you interested in hospitality work but don’t have the skills or experience? Then we have a great opportunity for you!
Busy hospitality venues across the Fraser Coast have plenty of vacancies, but not a lot of time to train – meaning they need job-ready workers as much as possible.
To address this skills gap and support local people into local work, Jobs Fraser Coast is partnering with the Local Jobs program, Strategix Training Group and Hervey Bay RSL to run a hands-on course that will give participants genuine job-ready skills.
9am-4pm each day
Hervey Bay RSL
Course information: Spend 3 days learning theory and practical skills, including Responsible Service of Alcohol and how to serve food and beverage, and 2 days getting on-the-job experience with expert mentors.
- Full fee $490, or FREE for Workforce Australia clients (pending eligibility and approval)
- Other funding or subsidy options may be available – please discuss these on inquiry.
Who can participate
The course is open to anyone of all ages – including mature candidates looking for new opportunities – but not all participants will be eligible for funding or subsidies. However, we urge people to see this course as an investment in their future – it will teach practical skills, expose you to employers and lead to genuine job prospects.
What you’ll get out of it
- Skills to work as waiters, bar and café staff, and kitchenhands
- Nationally recognised units that form part of a Certificate III in Hospitality (SITHFAB002 Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol, SITHFAB007 Serve Food & Beverage)
- Practical experience in local venues
- Tips, advice and mentoring from experienced hospitality staff
- A headstart to gain work in the hospital industry.
What you need to know
There will be two information and enrolment sessions to provide more details about the course and how it will work, as follows:
Dates: Thursday, 23 February; Friday, 24 February
Location: Jobs Ready centre, 1/65 Main St, Pialba
Wear: Suitable work attire – dress to impress!
- An up-to-date copy of your resume
- Valid identification documents:
- Proof of citizenship / residency (eg passport, Medicare card)
- Proof of age and address (eg driver’s licence front and back, proof of age card)
- Concession Card / Health Care Card issued by Centrelink (if you have one).
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) number. If you don’t have one already, either visit https://www.usi.gov.au/students/get-a-usi or get one on information / enrolment day.
Please note all candidates will be briefly interviewed for industry suitability at the above information sessions.
For more information
Contact: Jared Crooks, Jobs Fraser Coast project officer
Phone: 07 4124 2526